A large number of Acura vehicles have been recalled because they contain dangerous airbag inflators made by Takata. The shrapnel-hurling inflators have been recalled in over 37 million vehicles (and counting).
What's Wrong with the Acura ILX?
Owners of this sedan have sent in 19 complaints with an overall PainRank™ of 1.56. That ranks 13th in reliability out of 21 Acura models.
- 2 owners have complained about "excessive noise from suspension." This problem is filed under Suspension issues.
- 2 owners have complained about "excessive transmission noise." This problem is filed under Transmission issues.
- 2 owners have complained about "noisy on bumps." This problem is filed under Suspension issues and can cost an average of $150.00 to fix.
- 1 owners have complained about "axle disconnected from shaft." This problem is filed under Drivetrain issues.
- 1 owners have complained about "freon odor." This problem is filed under HVAC issues.
- 1 owners have complained about "defrost not working." This problem is filed under HVAC issues.
ILX in the News
An Acura ILX recall for more than 58,000 cars has been ordered to replace right driveshafts and halfshafts so the cars don't roll away.
A Honda Takata airbag recall for about 1.6 million Acura and Honda vehicles in the U.S. has been announced six months ahead of a schedule set by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
When Honda and Acura recalled 1.1 million Takata airbag inflators for exploding into pieces, they replaced the defective part with a slightly different version from the same company. Now those are exploding too.
Acura is recalling the 2014-2019 ILX because the fuel gauge may tell owners they have plenty of gas, when in reality the tank is running on empty.
When a storm cloud starts dropping rain, you can only dodge the drops for so long. Such is the case for another 2.2 million Honda and Acura vehicles that are now involved in one of the largest and most dangerous recalls in automotive history.
The Acura ILX comes with a lot of great features like strengthened calipers for performance braking, and sequential SportShift automatic transmission for a sporty ride. I'm guessing candle-powered headlights, however, didn't make the original marketing brochure.
There are 3 ILX recalls and the following years are involved in the most campaigns.Skip this section
There are 0 ILX investigations.Skip this section